It has been a busy four months since I announced my candidacy for California’s 68th Assembly District.
Thank you to everyone who has supported my grassroots campaign. I want to give an update on what I’ve been up to in the past quarter.
In order to mount a serious challenge to Asm. Steven Choi, I have:
- Traveled throughout the 68th Assembly District to meet with voters to listen to their concerns and issues
- Gone door-to-door in Orange – my home and the largest city in the district – to re-introduce myself to voters
- Held meetings with City Council members to halt the spraying of carcinogenic toxins in our 22 parks – something Asm. Choi voted for as Mayor of Irvine, but refuses to address at the state level
- Earned the endorsement of Our Revolution Orange County, a progressive organization supporting grassroots candidates. I am proud to be supported by numerous small donors, who have donated an average of $45
- Won the Straw Poll held by the Democrats of Greater Irvine (DGI) - the only official local straw poll held in the Assembly District
- Tallied 28% of the Delegate votes for AD68 at the CDP Pre-Endorsement Conference, despite five (5) ballots not being counted
- Built a network of donors from constituents, despite not taking donations from developers and/or corporate PACs
I am proud to be in consideration for endorsement from the Tenants Together Action Fund, the California League of Conservation Voters, the California Progressive Alliance and the Working People’s Party.
I am seeking the endorsement of the national chapter of Our Revolution and the Progressive Democrats of America.
The networks of endorsements I am seeking not only align with my values as a candidate, but their various means of supporting grassroots candidates will allow me to remain competitive even though I am holding to my pledge of not seeking donations from developers, corporate PACs and dark money.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
There are a few ways you can help our campaign:
- Host a Meet the Candidate: If you live in the 68th Assembly District, invite some friends to hear my goals for a better Assembly District and stronger California
- Donate: Show the power of the people! Become one of the 100 to donate $20 by Nov. 1
- Volunteer: Sign up to make calls or knock on doors throughout the district!
Thank you again for YOUR support!